- Thank you for praying for Fernando when he gave the sermon at the Hispanic congregation of our church, Grace Community in Auburn. It went very well; several people told Fernando how God spoke to them through it. Praise God for this growing church family and for how they have blessed us!
- One of our supporters invited me (Alison) to share with some of her Bible study friends during lunch at her house. Thank you for praying for this time!
- This past Sunday we shared at the church of some good friends and supporters in Bellingham. The pastor and his wife served as missionaries in Latin America in the past and have a big heart for what God is doing around the world. We appreciated the opportunity to meet more people who would like to follow our ministry and pray for the Garifunas.
Friends, Family, and a Happy Arrival
- Thank you for praying for our times connecting with people individually. We continue to meet with friends and supporters to hear about their lives and share in greater depth about how their partnership has made a difference in Honduras. I reconnected with a childhood friend I hadn't seen in about 15 years! It was also good to see a friend from high school I got back in touch with last year.
- My aunt took us to a Sounders game (the rainiest one of the year!). We had a fun time together, a special highlight from our time here so far.
- We visited the Garifuna church in Seattle, where a pastor and his wife were visiting from New York. This brother in Christ has played a key role in the development of the Garifuna church both in Central America and in the U.S. A musician, he wrote some of the first worship songs in Garifuna, and he also was part of the Garifuna Bible translation team. It's exciting to see Garifuna believers serving the Lord in this country!
- A very dear friend of mine had her first baby earlier this month, and I was so excited to meet him. It's a special gift from God that his arrival coincided with our time in Washington, and that my friend and I can share the experience of raising sons just a few months apart.
Plans and Prayer Requests
Here are some upcoming speaking engagements you can pray about as the Lord leads:
- Tomorrow we will share with a youth group in Enumclaw.
- This Sunday we will have a table display at my home church, Grace Community, to talk to people who might be interested in our ministry. We will also give a presentation at a missions luncheon afterward.
- This Sunday evening we will visit a church in Puyallup.
- Monday morning we will meet with a pastor in Burien and in the afternoon with another pastor in Kent.
- On Tuesday of next week we will speak at a dessert night hosted by a couple at our church.