- I (Alison) met two girls, one a senior in high school at a youth group and the other around 13 at a church, who are very interested in becoming missionaries. I remember being their ages and feeling that same stirring in my heart. What a joy to look in their eyes and encourage them to follow the Lord and see what He has in store for their lives! (I also realized how much I miss teenage girls...)
- We met with a pastor who implements the same program at his church as what is being used at the Garifuna seminary. It was motivating to hear how the Lord saved him and called him to train leaders and develop church planting teams. He was excited to hear about how the Garifuna church is growing, and we look forward to being in touch with him.
- A big "THANK YOU!" to:
- The Grace Community Church missions team and our small group for helping put together a luncheon where we and another GCC missionary could share about our work. We continue to be reminded of the gift of a supportive, enthusiastic church family who cares about us and our Garifuna family in Honduras.
- A friend of mine who connected us with her church to share and prepared a beautiful reception for everyone afterward, and a couple who organized a dessert night at their home. Once again we thank God for those who go the extra mile and demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways.
This coming Thursday we will fly to Minnesota, where we will share with several churches, groups, and individuals about our work (more about that in an upcoming post!). The following week, I will return to Washington, and Fernando will go to Iowa for the annual conference for the program that has been implemented in the Garifuna Bible school. This will be a great opportunity for him to connect with those involved in theological training around the world and consider how to further develop what is going on in Honduras.
Here are a few prayer points for our time in Minnesota:
- For safe travels, good health, and stamina in the midst of meeting many people. I'd especially appreciate prayer for good sleep and for pregnancy symptoms to be minimal (particularly stomach aches and joint pain).
- For fruitful interaction with people and the Holy Spirit to clearly lead those He would have join our ministry support team.
- For God to encourage and bless the special people who have organized this trip and invited us to come.