Friday, June 28, 2013

Reflection from Fernando

When I worked on the Garifuna Bible translation project, one day a good friend and mentor noticed I was becoming consumed by the work and told me, "This is the Lord's project, and He will complete it, with or without you." 

I am still learning this truth. As the time drew closer to leave Honduras, I felt anxious about temporarily leaving the work God had called us to start. It is good to care about and be committed to our projects, but we shouldn't forget that the Lord is more interested in us than in these tasks. I am learning to trust that if He has started the work, He will perfect it, and God has given me this time away from Honduras to reflect, renew strength, and remember that He is the one who works. Sometimes being overly focused on work prevents us from enjoying His presence.

Psalm 27:4 says, "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple."

This is my prayer during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment