Thursday, May 1, 2014

Heat Wave!

The past few mornings, when I first look out the window and see gray I think, “Is it cloudy today?! Does this mean rain?!” Then I look outside and see the sun hiding behind a thick layer of smoggy humidity, and I know it's going to be a very hot day.

 
We are in the middle of some of the hottest months of the year – when the temperature hovers in the 90s, but the high humidity makes a “real feel” of 110 degrees or more. The past two days the electricity was off for several hours (no fans!!!), and this prompted me to remind myself what I do like about this time of year:
 
  • This is a good time of year to have already had a baby (I can't imagine being pregnant right now...). Diapers dry quickly!
  • I get tan without trying, just by doing laundry!
 
  • My skin looks good thanks to constant sweating.
 
  • We are in the middle of mango and avocado season.
 
  • I no longer dislike rain, as I did in Washington. I love rain here!
 
  • I feel so much better when it's hot than when it's cold, even though I grew up in a cold climate. If I had to choose one extreme, I would definitely take this one.
 
  • We know that it can't get much hotter, so it's all downhill from here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment