We are in the middle of some of the hottest months of the year – when the temperature hovers in the 90s, but the high humidity makes a “real feel” of 110 degrees or more. The past two days the electricity was off for several hours (no fans!!!), and this prompted me to remind myself what I do like about this time of year:
- This is a good time of year to have already had a baby (I can't imagine being pregnant right now...). Diapers dry quickly!
- I get tan without trying, just by doing laundry!
- My skin looks good thanks to constant sweating.
- We are in the middle of mango and avocado season.
- I no longer dislike rain, as I did in Washington. I love rain here!
- I feel so much better when it's hot than when it's cold, even though I grew up in a cold climate. If I had to choose one extreme, I would definitely take this one.
- We know that it can't get much hotter, so it's all downhill from here!